Grilled Portobellos with Hummus
Served in pitas, these grilled vegetables are ideal for an al fresco lunch or a light summer dinner.
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time15 min
- Cooking Time15 min
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 can (16 oz.) chick peas or garbanzos
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Vegetable
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 4 (8-in.) pita breads
- Shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Process sesame seeds in the bowl of food processor. Add chick peas or garbanzo beans, 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, 1/2 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Vegetable and water. Continue processing until smooth. Remove from processor; set aside.
- Combine remaining 1/2 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Vegetable with remaining 2 tablespoons water and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Brush onto mushrooms. Grill or broil mushrooms, turning once, until tender, about 15 minutes; slice.
- To assemble, spread 3 tablespoons hummus on the inside of each pita bread, then evenly stuff with lettuce, tomatoes and mushrooms. Add additional hummus, if desired.